Change Voice Options
Voice options let you change the audio playback speed and voice. You can even see highlighted words as they are read aloud in a particular voice. These include American accents, English accents and Spanish.
Note: The reader does not translate eBooks to Spanish.
- Hover over the top of your eBook, or select any eBook page.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click .
- Under SPEEDS, select your desired speed from the list.
To change highlight options and voices:
- Follow steps 1-2 in the "To change the audio playback speed" section.
- Under HIGHLIGHT OPTIONS AND VOICES, select one of the following highlight options:
- WORDS to have each word highlighted as it is read aloud.
- SENTENCES to have each sentence highlighted as it is read aloud.
- NONE to have the text read aloud without any highlighting.
- At the bottom of the pop-up, select a voice option.
Note: Voices vary based on your operating system. Different options appear, depending on your desktop or mobile device.
- Click to have the text read aloud. Click to pause.
Note: If you close an eBook and return to it later, the voice options you previously selected will remain until you manually change them.